Friday, July 6, 2012

My Juice Cleanse Experience (Ritual Cleanse)



I survived a 3 day juice cleanse. I'm actually quite proud of that. About 2 weeks ago I embarked on a 3 day overhaul to reset my system, curb junk food cravings and kick start a healthier eating plan. I was hesitant to believe that it was do-able, and far less likely to believe that it would actually be a pleasant experience, but I have to say my experience was far from bad.

When offered the opportunity to try Ritual Cleanse's Seasonal Reset, I was delighted at the chance to test my resolve and put to bed my curiosity on the benefits of juice fasting. I've heard about juicing routinely throughout the blogosphere and after watching Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead I was really interested gauging my own personal reaction & experience to juicing. So I did some research, accepted the offer & drifted off the sleep dreaming of a healthier body. I prepped for the cleanse the weekend before, eating mainly organic raw fruits & veggies to help ease the transition.


Monday morning & my Ritual Cleanse delivery arrived on my doorstop. This oversized cooler bag contains all 18 juices for the 3 day cleanse, and plenty of cooler packs to keep things fresh in case you can't get it into the fridge straight away. They also included literature about the timing of the cleanse (try to space the bottles 2 hours apart, drinking the last 2 hours before bed), a list of acceptable cheat foods & some suggestions about cleansing in general. I was so excited putting the bottles away, knowing that all my meals were taken care of for the next 3 days, no stress, no prep, no clean up, just easy! 


Juices 1, 3 & 5 are virtually the same blend of ingredients just with lemon, ginger & neither added in respectively. To be honest I wasn't the biggest fan of these green juices (too much celery for my taste although I do like celery), but they weren't too bad and I was able to drink them easily especially if washing down with some extra water!


My absolute favorite! It was beyond delicious!


Skipping ahead to 4 (since 3 looks the same as 1), this was a mildly spicy lemonade. Cayenne pepper is a great metabolism stimulant! 


And again, skipping ahead to 6 this was the heartiest of the juices, being slightly thick & milky!


Overall I had a great experience on the cleanse! The first day was the hardest for me, day 2 & 3 were a breeze! I was pleasantly surprised to find that I wasn't struggling, or tired, or hungry, or grumpy like I was expecting but in fact the complete opposite. This further fueled my excitement and I also think the positivity I experienced, having the right attitude makes all the difference.

As far as the results go I did find that my sugar cravings have diminished, my insides just seem to feel cleaner & lighter, I was able to sleep completely thru the night for the first time in ages & I also lost 5.5 pounds. Now I do feel that it is important to mention that I would never go on diet to lose weight this rapidly intentionally as I'm someone who believes in losing weight in a healthy way. But because this is a calorie restricted diet weight loss can be a side effect. I am planning on gaining the weight back by building muscle and making the right eating choices, once this sickness finally passes and I can workout again. I have not gained any of the weight back rapidly either, since I went into the cleanse with the intention that I would use the "reset" to help facilitate my transition to a healthier diet and have stuck to it. So long as you transition back into solid foods correctly (think lots of fresh fruits & veggies vs. diving into a pizza) I wouldn't see how this would become an issue for anyone else either. And quite honestly I have been feeling cravings for more fresh fruits & veggies and have even visited some local juice bars on a few occasions since finishing the cleanse.

So all in all I loved my Ritual Cleanse experience! It was hassle free & easy and I definitely love the healthier type feeling I gained as a result. I would whole heartedly recommend this experience to any one with the open mind, positive attitude & the means to afford it! (15% coupon: OCREWIND15)

xoxo

Sophia Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment